Download these 10 Free Printable Grading Rubric Samples in MS Word Format to make your own Printable Grading Rubric Sample easily.
A grading rubric can be described as:
“A grading manual that gives a clear idea of the criteria and standards of marking and grading work or performance of students on a project, portfolio. As well as presentation, research paper problem, any type of essays or any form of student work performance that needs to be evaluated”
A grading Rubric gives a scale and standard of expectations to the students when they are working on or learning something. A grading rubric can be a very effective means to help the evaluator to generate and efficient scale of grading and marking the work and communicating it to the students at the same time.
Types of Grading Rubrics:
There are two types of grading rubrics which can be used according to the type of grading you are looking for.
Analytic Rubric: This type of grading rubric is used when the explanation on every level of the procurement and gives a separate and definite score for each level or group.
Pros: An analytic rubric allows a detailed and extensively described analysis of the performance by student.
Cons: These types of rubrics are very time taking and lengthy.
When to Use Analytic Rubrics: Analytic Rubrics should be used when
- A detail of strengths and weaknesses has to be exhibited
- Detailed feedback of the performance by the students has to be displayed
Holistic Rubric: These are the type of grading rubrics that represent the description at each level but the scoring is done once on the overall performance of the student.
Pros: An Advantage of holistic grading rubric is that they are efficient and less time-consuming. They are beneficial when scoring is done for a large number of students.
Cons: If one is seeking for detailed analysis and information, holistic rubrics may fail to satisfy the diagnostic needs.
When to Use Holistic Rubric: These types of rubrics come handy when a quick review is required. Since a holistic rubric is precise it is very useful to get a brisk analysis of a graded copy saving the time.
The Main Part Of the Grading Rubric:
There are four main parts of a grading rubric. A simple grading rubric will include the following things mainly:
➔ The Description of the task: This part where the purpose is defined. A short-summarized analysis of the report can be added to this part.
- Main characteristics that are being graded: The parts which are being graded are enlisted in this part, in a detailed
- The levels of mastery or expertise: This is the scale that may be in the form of numerals or other graded scales.
- The description and evaluation: The evaluation is then described in detail of on the basis of the developed scale.
Guidelines for developing the grading rubric:
- Determine and Decide the type of grading rubric that is needed to be developed,
- Identify and outline the facts that are to be assessed and analyzed in the grading process.
- Outlines the characteristics and properties to be graded. The progressed to be analyzed can be divided into various aspects that can be graded.
- Develop the scale of mastery and expertise. This part can be in the form of numerals from 1-10 or you can use other standards of grading.
- Describe the quality of the characteristics of the respective graded copy.
- Use the rubric and try it out on a testing basis, review the rubric personally to make sure it is easy to interpret and devoid of errors and omissions.
- Get feedback and discuss it with subordinates for reviews and improvements.
Some Pro tips for writing a standard Rubric:
- Use the word application to develop a Grading Rubric. This can help you to make changes and amendments very easily .
- You can find a relevant grading rubric and edit it according to your needs. This can really save your time and help you with have an idea about how to develop your own rubric.
- Evaluate the grading rubric personally, using the rubric initially for testing the liability helps a lot of inaccurate evaluations.
- Share it with friends and colleagues for evaluation and suggestions. this can help you in proofreading and getting suggestive changes respectively.
Free Printable Grading Rubric Samples
Here is our collection of Free Printable Grading Rubric Sample for you to download.
Here is download link for this Printable Grading Rubric Sample 01,
Download link for this Printable Grading Rubric Sample 02 is here,
Here is download link for this Printable Grading Rubric Sample 03 in MS Word Format,
Download link for this Printable Grading Rubric Sample 04 is below,
Here is download link for this Printable Grading Rubric Sample 05 in MS Word Format,
Download link for this Printable Grading Rubric Sample 06 is here,
Here is download link for this Printable Grading Rubric Sample 07 in MS Word Format,
Download link for this Printable Grading Rubric Sample 08 is here,
Here is download link for this Printable Grading Rubric Sample 09 in MS Word Format,
Download link for this Printable Grading Rubric Sample 10 is here,