Download these 10 Free APA Format Templates in MS Word Format to make your own APA Format Template easily.
APA format is basically a pattern or template of writing while documenting official papers or researches. In simple words
“An APA style is a layout or a format for writing academic documents and papers such as
Journals articles by scholars and other research books’’
The APA format was introduced and used by the American Psychological Association in the style guide known as “Publication Manual of American Psychological Association”. The most common use of APA format is in the fields of social sciences, psychology, sociology, anthropology education and behaviors. This guidebook was introduced to help the understanding and apprehension of readings in the social and behavioural sciences. For the better apprehension of the communication of meanings and words in these types of academic papers reducing the biases of language. The APA format templates for academic papers is largely used as it is or with little modifications by many journals (including medicine and public journals of health), textbooks, and academic papers (class work and university)
APA started involving in the publishing of journals in 1923 and consequently released various versions of APA Templates for academic papers. Initially, it was famous for the simple style of reference citations. The APA templates for academic research papers developed an example and standard of language that became widespread. The APA format templates of academic papers have two editions 6th and 7th published. The 7th edition of APA format templates for academic papers is the current volume being used which was published in 2019. The aim of these templates is to assist people in becoming fine authors.
These APA formats provide better communication by assisting simplicity accuracy and uniqueness. The APA format has new options and upgrades for the students such as, title page paper format and references related to students such as course material and website resources. These templates provide unbiased language format to depict the modern practices of communication. The APA format template for academic research papers can be used by directly downloading it from various online resources and updating it according to personal preferences
APA Format Guidelines
Any standard APA format template for research paper has the following guidelines in common
- The use if 12 font size
- The font style set to Times New Roman
- The margins at 1 inch
- Double line spacing
- A header space on every page
- Paragraph spacing to be ½ inch
The Main Sections Of APA Format Template For Academic Papers:
Basically, in most of the APA format layout there are going to be four main sections: the main title page; the abstract; reference list and main section.
- The Title Page: This page of the APA format contains the topic or title; author’s name and affiliation of school. Basically the title page includes six components such as course code and titles; instructors name; author’s names; institutional affiliations and the date of submission of the research papers. The objective of the title page is to help the reader know your personal details and basic details of the research paper
- Abstract: Followed by the abstract is basically a short and brief summary of the research paper or academic document that instantly portrays the major aspects of the paper. In an APA format template cannot be more than 100 to 200 words depending upon the definite publication or the trainers demand.
- Main Body: For an essay, the main body includes the actual essay itself. In case of lab reports the main body can be separated into further sections. The main body has to be detailed and clear.
- Reference: References are another main component of any research or academic study
This section of the papers enlists the sources of information and authors that are cited in the paper. If we quoted any piece of information in any part of the study, these citations have to be properly referred in this part of the APA format.
Handling In-Text Citations:
While writing the paper it is very important to include the citations in the text so that the source of information can be identified. Such quotations are called in-text citations. According to APA format, the citations should use the date of publication following the name of the author. The description and extended information would be depicted in the reference section.
Some Tips for the Reference Pages
- Try to start a new page for reference and title it as “Reference”.
- Make sure the title is centralized.
- All the entries should be in alphabetical order.
- There should be double spacing in the reference section and the entire section is carefully spaced.
- The titles of books, journals and magazines should be written in italics.
Free APA Format Templates
Here is our collection of Free APA Format Templates for you to download.
Here is download link for this APA Format Template 01,
Download link for this APA Format Template 02 is here,
Here is download link for this APA Format Template 03 in MS Word Format,
Download link for this APA Format Template 04 is below,
Here is download link for this APA Format Template 05 in MS Word Format,
Download link for this APA Format Template 06 is here,
Here is download link for this APA Format Template 07 in MS Word Format,
Download link for this APA Format Template 08 is here,
Here is download link for this APA Format Template 09 in MS Word Format,
Download link for this APA Format Template 10 is here,