Daily Production Report Templates
If you are dealing with a production or manufacturing unit then you must be aware of the importance of a Daily Production Report prepared on a daily basis. Preparing this report is the direct responsibility of the production manager or general manager in some industries. This report template is created using MS Excel so that anyone can easily prepare this report using this template. Usually, people related to the manufacturing business are already well conversant with MS Excel as a tool to create different kinds of estimates and reports on a regular basis. Such production reports are collected by higher management to make important decisions in order to meet upcoming delivery schedules and professional commitments.
Daily production report is an important report for the film industry. This report is written by filmmakers to note down the production activities of the whole day. Although, there is no specific template for the daily production report you have designed a specific format for the daily production report. It is the responsibility of assistant directors to design daily production reports. Despite some superficial differences, all daily production reports contain similar information, and a blank table is created on a legal-sized sheet of paper. Daily production reports prove really helpful in tracking the progress of production and all expenses occurring on a regular basis. A daily production report is designed for the studio executives so that they can review regular progress. This report serves for legal purposes therefore proper record keeping is important.
Here are previews of this Daily Production Report Templates,
The Front Panel of Daily Production Report
- The top portion of the daily production report will contain the name of the Production Company, title of the production, details of director, producers, unit production managers, assistant directors, and total planned production days and current production date. Daily production report contains different forms of content on one page in an easy-to-read format.
- Important notes of the script should be written on the daily production report after consulting the script supervisor. This portion contains details of scenes and pages that are completed during the day. Do not forget to write those scenes and pages that have to be completed the next day. Write about official lunchtime to have a perfect schedule to follow.
- Daily production reports should contain camera details from the camera loader. It should contain production requirements related to the camera to have complete film stock. You should check inventory on a regular basis to know what you have left on hand and what is required to purchase.
- Sound report is also important for daily production report and the form should contain details of sound tape.
- The form should indicate production status, in and out times, lunch times, time waste penalties, pickup and drop-off times, and details of the principal cast.
- It is important to consult the personal assistant of the director and production manager to have complete details on the daily production report. The form should contain the names of background actors, their pay rates, their incoming and outgoing schedules, meal times, and penalties for late arrivals.
Back Panel of Daily Production Report
The back side of the daily production report should contain names of the whole crew and production office other than the department. Do not forget to write the details of meal times, in and out times, and penalties as well as bonuses. The back should contain details of meals sponsored by the production house, rented equipment, and random information about accidents, thefts, and fires.
Who will Write the Report?
Daily production report is usually written by the script supervisor, PA of the director, or DGA trainee. It is designed to provide complete crew information, equipment details, camera details, assistant props, makeup artist, etc. It can be difficult to collect complete information because the writer has to meet different people in order to collect comprehensive details.