Here is a Business Acquisition Worksheet that can help anyone to input key information in order to evaluate the worth of a business. This worksheet provided tabulated format to review and analysis last five years data to compute overall worth of any business. This data consist of sales revenue, total expenses, depreciation, interests etc. It also offers very good analysis of current assets and liabilities on it to also predict future potential of the business being evaluated. This is an Excel Sheet Template that can easily be modified and tailored as per situation and needs. Such sheets are crucial to prepare before buying or selling any kind of business as it helps in computing the correct value of that business. Acquisition is a normal activity in the business because different companies often make acquisition in order to build revenues and make the company more frightening competitor in the industry. Business acquisition is not a simple process because lots of efforts and process are required to pursue. In mergers and acquisitions, the company being acquired is referred as the target company. Through acquisition process a specific company actively combines its business activities with required company instead of waiting for its formal sales with the consent of management team. Business acquisition is carried after combined decision of management of both companies because they find more benefits in running combine business instead of standalone businesses. In order to acquire another business, you have to prepare a business acquisition report.
Here is preview of this Business Acquisition Worksheet Template,
Here is download link,
Tips to Prepare Business Acquisition Report
Business acquisition is an important report that is necessary to prepare at the time of acquisition so for your convenience today I will share some tips to prepare business acquisition report:
- Compose complete financial historical financial information to reflect past performances of the company by reflecting revenues and profits. It will help you to evaluate the position of your company. You have to compile profit and loss statement, balance sheet and cash flow statements of back five years.
- Describe the operations of company on initial pages and talk about the details of products and services your company has offered and their feedback from the market. Write concise background history such as date on which company is found and any accomplishments till date. Write comprehensive summary of current revenues and profits of the company.
- Write strengths and weaknesses of the company to clarify the competitive advantages. Discuss patents and other intellectual property that has long lasting value for your enterprise. You can also write the details of loyal customers of the company.
- Write profile of your management team because strong and experienced management team has great value for any organization. Explain key details of your team members and their contributions in your organization.
- Present your acquisition plan and try to make an attractive case to convince other members that how this company can increase revenues and profits in future. Explain positive trends in the industry and write in detail how these can be beneficial for the business of the company.
- Describe your strategies and explain the reasons why the acquisition can be helpful for both entities and how everything can be turned into the favor of your business.
- Write potential cost savings with the combination of staff and other facilities as well as resources of the organization. Share your strategies that will help you to enjoy benefits of resources available by both organizations.
- Present your financial projects by looking ahead to the performance of three to five years of the company to get the financial results of the organization. Attach profit and loss statement, balance sheets and cash flow statements at the end of business acquisition report.
You also have to write name and addresses of both organizations at the top of the page. Initial page will also state the date of acquisition, deposits and reasons of acquisitions, nature of assets and nature of assets. It is necessary to write the future prospect of this acquisition on both organizations.