A store inventory sheet is a document which enlists all the details of your stock either it’s a shop or a business. Using a store inventory sheet reduces the risks running a shop; on the other hand it shows when to buy more goods. And the best reason of using an inventory sheet is that it makes the job of purchasing new goods less of a challenge. There is no reason of a highly experienced person to handle this sheet, an average even inexperienced person can handle this list and that’s the beauty of using it.
A general store inventory list is a paper with columns on it. It changes for each different business but a common sheet contains following details:
- Shop/Business name
- Inventory ID
- Name of the item
- Description of the item
- Unit price
- Quantity in stock
- Quantity in reorder
- Comments (if any)
These are pretty much the things that one can find on a store inventory sheet. In a way, this sheet gives you firm hold on your shop’s stock. It is updated on daily, even hourly basis so that it shows the exact amount of present stock in the store.
Here is preview of a free Store Inventory Sheet Template created using MS Excel,
Key features of a store inventory sheet:
- Real time updates of present stock
- Direct inventory updates from point-of-sale system
- It receives direct store delivery, purchase orders, transfers and also warehouse deliveries
- Access items, supplier and container’s data
- It shows available on-hand stock and quantities in transit for any store in the company
- It can track and manage unique identification numbers
- It can also keep record of reserve goods for the customer’s orders
Benefits of using a store inventory sheet:
- It prevents stock-outs and over stocking
- It helps save the sale by updating on daily basis
- It improves control of inventory management and it reduces carrying costs
- It eliminates the chances of overstocking a particular item
It’s very important for a business to build good relations with the customers and it’s only possible if the customer gets what he wants every time he comes to your shop. This sheet helps to maintain the optimum level of stocks. It makes it easy for you to determine the lead time. By knowing the lead time and the average weekly sales of every specific item, it is trouble-free to get a delivery on time.
There is nothing worse than losing a sales opportunity caused by out of stock product or because the store manager was unable to locate the item. This sheet keeps you to get rid of these types of situations by maintaining accurate inventory position, exact location of the items and by saving the sales. You don’t have to check the stock on end of every day as people used to do few years back.
According to your need and budget, you can use inventory sheet in form of papers or computer software. Although there are possibilities of human errors while updating the sheet manually but it’s cheap. On the other hand, a computer inventory sheet always works without even a single error but it probably cost you a lot to buy some software.
Here is download link for this Store Inventory Sheet Template,