Cash slips or cash receipts are used in case of business deals or while making a sale. A cash slip or receipt is a simple piece of paper presenting the evidence of any exchange generally made at the time when the deal is completed. It can be hand written or computer printed.
While paying cash, some persons don’t feel safe if only a spoken acceptance is given. They need some solid proof to make their self comfortable. In order to satisfy these kinds of people, you have to give them a receipt that shows the transaction is completed and they have paid the money. At such times, cash slip gives you the ability to write the amount you have received along with the date. This will prevent you from having a dispute in the future and it also helps you to keep a record of all the business transactions.
No matter if it’s big or small; every company in the world is using cash slips in order to make any business deal. Whether the cash in incoming or outgoing, making cash slip is must. On one hand it saves the company from a lot of trouble and on the other hand it helps to gain the client’s trust. People like to work with the company who satisfies them.
Here is preview of this Cash Request Slip Template created using MS Word,
A cash slip is a piece of paper on which following details are written:
- Company name along with the logo
- Address and phone number of the company
- Serial number or receipt number
- Date and time the transaction made
- Name of the client and his address
- Client’s account number
- The purpose of the transaction
- Gross amount
- Signature area for both parties
Basically there are three types of cash slips:
- Cash receipt slip
- Cash receipt slip
- Bank receipt slip
- Paid cash slip
- Cash payment slip
- Bank payment slip
- Journal cash slip
it is used to keep the record of those transactions that don’t involve direct cash or bank.
Many of the high level companies have made it must to issue a cash slip. They are using computer generated software to print an automated receipt instead of a handmade. A computer generated cash slip is better in following ways:
- Slip number is given by the software so there is no chance of mistake
- There is no need for the company to keep a copy of the slip because all the transactions are being automatic saved in the computer.
- The transaction will not be completed without a cash slip so it prevents any type of fraud.
- Making these types of slips doesn’t require putting the client’s information every time they make a deal because it’s already saved in the memory.
- There is no need to show every slip to the manager.
Generally a cash slip assists two purposes. 1st, the cash slip serves as a record for the company. It helps the company employees to generate sales figure on daily, weekly or monthly basis. Secondly, the slip provides a guaranty to the client that the transactions have been made and he can use that receipt in case on any future confusion.
Here is download link for this Cash Slip Template,